The SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC is our favorite gaming headset. Why? Because it’s everything a good headset should be.
Standard SteelSeries Arctis headphones sound great. The Arctis Pro sounds great. SteelSeries high-end headphones delivered rich, immersive sound for a variety of genres and offered a noticeable increase in volume and separation compared to the Arctis 3 Bluetooth that I use at home.
Read the full review below to know more about this product.
Let’s get started…
SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC Gaming Headset Review 2021
Why buy this?
Because we found that the Arctis Pro sounds great for high-resolution audio files and is noticeably louder and sharper than the traditional Arctis lineup when it comes to gaming. If you’re willing to pay a premium for high-resolution sound support and loads of features, the Arctis Pro + GameDAC is one of the best gaming headphone combinations available.
- Using a USB transmitter, the Arctis offers excellent battery life and range. The audio quality is sublime, regardless of the application; he’s just as happy with your music library as he is with Battlefield 1.
- As the name suggests, this headphone includes a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), which allows it to deliver 96kHz / 24-bit high-resolution audio. The GameDAC also allows for a host of customization options, whether you want to adjust the sound via an equalizer or customize the subtle RGB lighting of the headphones.
- The GameDAC itself is cleverly designed and incredibly versatile. SteelSeries’ curvy little transmitter box has a large volume knob and an action button, with micro USB and optical ports, as well as two 3.5mm analog jacks, one for connecting to your mobile device and one output port for the line to connect to your speaker prepare.
- With its large OLED screen and intuitive menus, the GameDAC is a breeze to navigate with the volume knob. The DAC’s display provides a quick glance at your volume and you can balance game and chat levels, as well as toggle DTS surround sound, with just one touch. Click here, If you are interested in reading a detailed buyer guide on Best Console Gaming Headset Ever.
- A simple long-press of the knob opens up the accessory’s main menu, which lets you do things such as fine-tune audio settings, choose your input and output sources, adjust the brightness of the display and set the Arctis Pro to glow myriad different colors. If you want to get into the nitty-gritty of things, you can dig into the GameDAC’s equalizer and switch among various presets that emphasize bass or treble or even tweak all 10 frequency bands yourself.
- The headphones also employ DTS Headphone: X when gaming on a PC, providing an additional sense of space through virtual surround sound.