The SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless has a special ability, which is quite unique in the world of gaming headsets.
Why buy this?
Because a big improvement over the corded model is that the Arctis 1 Wireless has rotating ear cups. Not only does this help you get a more comfortable fit, but it also makes it easy for the headphones to fold into a backpack. That’s good, as it works great with all the portable systems you probably own.
Read the full review below to know more about this product.
Let’s get started…
SteelSeries Arctis 1 Gaming Headset Review 2021
- As Nintendo has refused to enable Bluetooth support for its portable console, SteelSeries has found a solution thanks to a USB-C dongle that can be plugged into the bottom.
- And if you already have a pair of headphones that you really like to work with, the GameDAC can be purchased separately.
- However, the lack of surround sound and a smooth design are annoying issues worth noting for a headphone at this price, as the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless costs an extra premium for that special Switch stand.
- You can connect the headphones wirelessly to a PC, PS4, or Switch in a docked mode almost effortlessly, thanks to a USB-C-to-A adapter cable that comes in the box. Admittedly, it is not very pretty to run a random cable on all your meticulously maintained machines.
- It can also be a hassle to constantly transfer an entire cable from a PC to a PS4, to a Switch dock, and vice versa, perhaps several times a day. But you get near-universal compatibility and enough slack in the cable to find a convenient position.
- The Arctis 1 is a lightweight headset (9.6 ounces) and the Arctis 1 Wireless is even lighter (8.9 ounces). It is easy to use for long periods of time, especially since there are no annoying cables to get in the way. Swivel ear cups make fitting a little easier. Click here, If you are interested in reading a detailed buyer guide on Best Console Gaming Headsets.
- However, I’m still not a big fan of the “notched steel headband” design. The high-end Arctis earbuds’ elastic band is as comfortable as the headphone technology, and anything else can’t help but feel like a step backward.
- The most important feature of the Arctis 1 Wireless is its USB-C dongle. SteelSeries claims that this dongle will eliminate many of the pain points traditionally associated with Switch wireless headphones, mostly because they often require annoying Bluetooth dongles.
- The sound quality was also consistent and stable, without any lag or dropped signals.