This edition of the Razer Kraken Ultimate is essentially or excellently a modified version of the older Kraken V2 Pro phones from 2017 – this headset is more comfortable, thanks to the gel-coated cushions around the cans, and the adjustable microphone features improved rejection of ambient noise.
Why buy this?
Because, in terms of sound quality, it’s the same story, the same custom-tuned 50mm drivers and the same great gaming performance at a great price.
Read the full review below to know more about this product.
Let’s get started…
Razer Kraken Ultimate RGB USB Gaming Headset Review 2021
- The volume can be turned up to a very high level. The slightly muddy midrange performance is only really noticeable at high levels or when you’re listening to music.
- We had no complaints with the Razer Kraken when we played games, as the solid bass response gives the roar of explosions and thrusters a satisfying boost, while the noise of gun reloads rattles nicely around your holes.
- The Kraken Ultimate is a step above the Tournament Edition, priced at $ 129.99 and a wired USB connection.
- Not as flexible as the Tournament model (which can work with any device with a 3.5mm jack) or the Nari Essential (which can work with the PC or PlayStation 4), but for PC-only games, it provides thunderous sound, programmable lighting, and a fantastic microphone.
- The 1.3m cable is long enough to give you a bit of distance without getting tied in knots.
- The left ear cup holds the boom mic and all controls and connections. The headset connects to any PC via a 4.3-foot cloth-wrapped cable attached to the bottom of the left earbud, terminating in a USB-A plug. Click here, If you are interested in reading a detailed buyer guide on Best Gaming Headset for Console and PC.
- A volume wheel sits on the back of the side of the headset, with an indicator light and a THX Spatial Audio button above it.
- When the electric bass kicks in, it moves to the front and center of the mix, pushing the guitar strums and vocals slightly back. The higher frequency elements in the mix are not completely outweighed by the bass, but lag behind in the lower frequencies.
Thank you for reading!