According to JBL, the Quantum 800 can last up to 14 hours with the lights off. Your use will vary depending on the volume level you use and whether you keep the lights on.
Why buy this?
Because the Quantum 800 is feature-rich and sounds great for both gaming and music
Connects via USB, Bluetooth, and 3.5mm cable; allows you to customize EQ profiles; works with almost all gaming systems on the market. All of that adds up to a pretty compelling argument in its favor.
Read the full review below to know more about this product.
Let’s get started…
JBL Quantum 800 Gaming Headset Review 2021
- The Quantum 800 is sleek and dark, covered in matte black and bronze plastic.
- The back of each earbud features a circular textured panel with the JBL logo, which glows with customizable colored lights when the earbud is powered on.
- Getting a good fit is pretty easy, thanks to the numbered notches on the extendable headband. I wish the headband had been metal instead of plastic, as the plastic in the headband tends to get quite brittle and brittle after a few years. It seems like a cheap design decision in an otherwise expensive headset.
- Reflective metallic dark gray plastic frames the illuminated panels. The left ear cup holds the boom microphone, a foam-covered capsule mounted on a rigid but flexible black rubber boom.
- Audio performance is almost as good in its 3.5mm audio mode and Bluetooth mode, which is a boon for modern plug-in smartphones. The fact that Quantum 800 works with almost any system is a feather in its cap.
- A power switch and a Bluetooth pairing button are located on the bottom edge of the right earbud.
- All other controls and connections are along the rear and bottom edges of the left ear cup, including a USB-C port for charging, a 3.5mm input, a mic mute button, a volume wheel, a game/chat balance wheel, and a noise-canceling button.
- The headset works wirelessly on PC and PS4, and via 3.5mm audio cable for Xbox One and Switch.
- USB and 3.5mm cables are included, along with the USB transmitter. Click here, If you are interested in reading a detailed buyer guide on best console gaming headphones.
- I was especially pleased with the device’s wireless performance on PC and PS4. Quantum 800 did a fantastic job balancing voice work, sound effects, and music, whether it was listening to Lara Croft’s moans of effort as she scaled a story building or the rapid discharge of bullets that ripped through the guts of a demon.
- However, I especially enjoyed playing Age of Empires II, as the Quantum 800 allowed me to focus on the beautiful soundtrack and disconnect from the relaxing medieval melodies.