Without 7.1 sound, you can’t get high-quality game sounds. This is true that ps4 doesn’t give pre-built USB headphones. But, there are two ways that you can follow to use a USB headset on ps4. Let’s see how:
How To Use Usb Headset On Ps4
Before you begin connecting it, you should be aware that such types of headphones are only compatible with a console program that must be purchased in advance from the official PlayStation website. In general, these are those marketed with the console’s emblem or a special reference.
Following that, we can clarify how to continue if your headphones have official support for the PS4 game console and those that are not compliant with this feature but can still be attached and used.
Finally, mention that this procedure is only applicable to Bluetooth headsets that use a USB repeater to link to the source computer.
If this is the case, you should still use the two approaches we’ll describe below, swapping the USB cable we’re talking about with this little “dongle” (always make sure they are turned on).
Headphones that do not have an app
This is the most basic approach. If you don’t want to use programs or anything else, the protocol is as straightforward as we’ll describe below:
- Switch on your PlayStation 4 and wait for the start menu to appear.
- Fill up your user profile.
- Connect the headphone cord to each of the USB ports on the console.
- Please wait a few moments for the alert, signaling that it has been found to arrive.
- After that, you should be able to use your USB headphones on your game console without issue. And have fun around!
As previously said, some headsets are compliant with the software, which you must update. In this scenario, the app assists in configuring various sound patterns based on the genre or interactive material you wish to play.
To use your headphones for the submission, follow these steps:
- Switch on your PlayStation 4 console and wait for it to launch before you enter the main menu.
- Log in with the desired user profile.
- Visit the PlayStation Store (make sure you have an internet connection and have the firmware updated).
- Locate and download the program “Headphone Plug-in” (it takes about 500 MB).
- When you have it, go to the menu and choose it.
- Select the style of headphones that correlates to yours.
- After that, click the “Options” button on the remote and choose the “Restore” function.
- Plug your headphones into the desired USB port and let the program do its thing.
- After that, you will continue to conduct sound experiments using the various patterns provided by the application. You can now use the PlayStation 4’s specific USB headphones without issue.
What do I do if my headphones do not work?
If the USB headphones are not compatible with the PlayStation 4, the first problem you can notice by using either of the approaches we have mentioned is that the sound begins to come out of the television, and the console never indicates that it has heard the attached headset.
We’re sorry to remind you that you’ll need to search for a USB to 3.5mm Jack converter in this situation. You can get one by doing some research online to attach the headphones to it and only use the DualShock 4 jack port to create the final link until you have it at home.
Instead of attaching directly to the joystick, you can bind to the controller this route. It is not the perfect choice since you would be unable to use effects such as virtual 7.1. Other more sophisticated USB headphones include; but, it is a reasonable alternative if you only want the sound to be repeated through your ears while playing.