The EPOS Sennheiser GSP 300 is the Sennheiser headset for gamers who want a versatile product that is suitable for music, gaming, and chat. It combines a very respectable build with solid audio quality but remains lightweight and comfortable for long periods of time.
The Sennheiser GSP 300 is a good gaming headset, there’s no question about it. However, the under $ 100 price range is perhaps the most compact part of the gaming headset market. There is an absolute glut of great options, with many of them offering far more features than these gaming headsets.
Read the full review below to know more about this product.
Let’s get started…
EPOS Sennheiser GSP 300 Gaming Headset Review 2021
Why buy this?
Because, in an ideal world, it would be nice to have a few features, but the streamlined approach also helps keep costs down.
However, there is no denying its great value for money and this is one of the best gaming headsets that costs less than the triple-figure mark.
- If you’re desperate for Sennheiser-level audio quality without paying the premium price, then the GHSP 300 is just that headphone.
- It is compatible with all devices and provides detailed audio, excellent surround / directional precision, and great overall richness.
- From a certain perspective, the Sennheiser GSP 300 is actually a bit confusing. For one thing, this is a very simple gaming headset – it has a 3.5mm split analog connection, so it offers just the basics from a features perspective – this is a pair of stereo headphones with a mic attached. However, while the function may be simple, the form is the opposite.
- The plastic construction makes this headset exceptionally lightweight. The headband adjustment mechanism might seem a bit clunky, but it works and, coupled with the tilting headphone joints, makes for a really comfortable experience. The earpads are covered in synthetic leather and I had no trouble sealing my ears. Unfortunately, gamers with glasses won’t find it as comfortable and Sennheiser doesn’t sell velvet replacement parts.
- Its microphone is great too, although being non-detachable could preclude it from being a good addition for Xbox gamers who want something for mobile devices too. Click here, If you are interested in reading a detailed buyer guide on Best Gaming Headset for Console and PC.
- This headphone is comfortable, sounds good, and works on most platforms. However, HyperX Cloud Alpha is more comfortable, sounds better, and works on the same platforms for the same price. The same goes for the SteelSeries Arctis 1 Wireless, and that too uses a USB-C dongle to connect wirelessly to an undocked Switch (and everything else using a USB-A adapter).
- It won’t make you better in a game, it’s just another source of information. Some games, like Overwatch, even offer virtual surround sound settings in-game, making it much less of a problem there.